Window air conditioners are one of the most popular AC options for homes and businesses. They’re inexpensive to buy, easy to install, and they can be moved from room to room so you don’t have to see them or hear them. However, some people may wonder if their window air conditioner dehumidifies or not?
How does a window air conditioner dehumidify?
The cooling process removes water from the air.
The compressor pulls in warm, humid air and compresses it. The compressed air is cooled by being passed over a fan, which extracts heat from your home’s environment and transfers it to the evaporator coil (which sits outside of your window unit). The condenser coils remove moisture from this extracted moisture before they are sent back into your home through an exhaust hose or ductwork system connected to your return-air vent (if one exists). This collected moisture can then be stored in various reservoirs depending on how much you want to save money on electricity costs—or even sold back into nature!
Best Window Air Conditioners with Dehumidifying Capacity
If you are looking for a window air conditioner that can dehumidify, here are some of the best models on the market:
- LG 5.5 Cu. Ft. Midea Dehumidifier Window AC (RV-7K3L)
- GE ZENITH 28,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control and Fan Speed Control (RAZD2-C065A)
- Haier 4200 BTU Portable Air Conditioner With Dehumidification Function (HAI3311NFQ1J1)
Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner
The Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner is a great option if you’re looking for an affordable window unit that does its job well. It has a very efficient design and comes with many features that make it easy to use and install.
The air conditioner comes with a remote control, which makes it easier to adjust the temperature from inside your house or office without having to get up from your chair in order to change settings on the unit itself. This means no more sweating while trying out different modes of operation!
The unit also features an electronic control panel (ECP), which allows users access their preferred settings without having any knowledge about how these functions work; simply push one button for each feature you want adjusted—and voilà—you’ll have yourself an ice cold room within minutes!
Koldfront WAC12001W 12, 000 BTU 208/230V Heat/Cool Window Air Conditioner
The Koldfront WAC12001W 12, 000 BTU 208/230V Heat/Cool Window Air Conditioner is a great choice for your home. This unit has 3 fan speeds and 5 cooling modes, including Energy Efficient and Dehumidifying Mode. It also features an LED display that makes it easy to see the current temperature of your room as well as which mode you’re using. With this air conditioner’s remote control, you can adjust its settings from across the room or outside in the yard without having to get up off the couch!
Whynter ARC-14S 14, 000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- The Whynter ARC-14S 14, 000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner is a good choice if you want a basic portable air conditioner. It has a 14, 000 BTU rating and comes with two hoses that can be used separately or in conjunction with each other.
- This model features an auto restart feature that automatically restarts the unit after it has been turned off for 10 minutes (or when it shuts down). This is great if you’re short on time because your AC needs to be running all day long!
- The Whynter ARC-14S also has energy star certification so it’s environmentally friendly as well as cost efficient for your wallet.
Frigidaire FGRC0844S1 8, 000 BTU Cool Connect Smart Window Air Conditioner – Wi-Fi Control
This Frigidaire air conditioner is designed to cool your home while you’re away. It boasts an energy-efficient design and comes with a remote control that allows you to adjust the temperature from anywhere in the house.
This window air conditioner features a quiet operation, so it won’t disturb those around you during use. The unit also offers dual panels for extra cooling power, so it can keep up with even large rooms or families with multiple people on their schedules.
Haier ESAQ406T 22″ Window Air Conditioner Serenity Series with 6, 000 BTU 115V W/ LED remote control in Titanium
The Haier ESAQ406T 22″ Window Air Conditioner Serenity Series with 6, 000 BTU 115V W/ LED remote control in Titanium is an energy efficient window air conditioner that has four modes: economy mode, sleep mode, fan only and make up heat. This model comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer as well as a 2 year warranty from its original retail store.
It also comes with Energy Star certification so you can feel confident about its environmental impact on your family or business environment. The Haier ESAQ406T has 24×7 customer service support through telephone lines and email support for those who need it most!
- Window air conditioners are not dehumidifiers.
- A window unit that’s supposed to be a dehumidifier will actually help you keep your home or office at a comfortable temperature, but it won’t work as well if there is already a lot of humidity in the air.
- If you need a dehumidifying unit for your space, consider buying one that has an adjustable-speed compressor and fan as part of its design. This makes it easier to control how much moisture gets removed from each room by simply adjusting the speed setting on either side of the dials (depending on whether you want more or less airflow).
We hope that you’ve learned a lot about window air conditioners and how they work. We know that it can be a bit confusing to figure out which type of AC is best for your home and lifestyle, but hopefully we’ve helped clear up some of the confusion with this article! Of course, if you have any questions or comments about our top picks from this list—or even if there are other units on your wishlist—please don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments below so we can help out. Have fun shopping around!
Check out our best pick dehumidifier LG 50 Pint Dehumidifier.