If you have a basement, you know that it is a place to store items and play games. But in addition to storing things, basements need to be kept dry in order to avoid mold, mildew or other problems associated with moisture. A dehumidifier can help keep your basement dry by removing excess moisture from the air so it doesn’t get into your walls or pipes.
A room is too hot and muggy
If you’re noticing that your basement is too hot and muggy, it could be a sign that mold is growing in the walls. Mold can cause allergies, asthma attacks and other health problems.
Mold is often found in damp basements because of the high humidity levels. Mold spores get into the air from water leaking from pipes or plumbing systems; if those leaks aren’t fixed immediately, they will continue to drip out over time until more mold gets on top of them—and then you have an issue on your hands!
You have mold on the walls
Mold is a symptom of excess moisture, which can cause health problems and be expensive to clean up. If you notice mold around the baseboards or on the walls in your basement, it’s time for a dehumidifier.
You are starting to smell a musty odor in the basement
If you are noticing a musty odor in your basement, it could be a sign of mold. Mold can cause health problems and damage your home. It can also cause allergies that make it difficult to breathe. The best way to prevent this from happening is by dehumidifying the space with a dehumidifier before moisture accumulates there.
You are seeing condensation on the windows or pipes during humid months
If you are seeing condensation on the windows or pipes during humid months, it could be an indication of excess moisture in your basement. This is not a good thing! Condensation can lead to mold growth, which is unhealthy and dangerous. A dehumidifier will help reduce this problem by removing excess moisture from your home.
When you notice these signs of excess moisture, it is time for a dehumidifier.
When you notice these signs of excess moisture, it is time for a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers are an effective way to reduce the amount of moisture in your home and make it more comfortable. They also help with mold growth if there is too much humidity in your basement. A dehumidifier can improve the air quality inside your home by removing up to 90 percent of airborne dust particles from the air while also improving indoor temperature control so that your space feels cooler when it’s cool outside!
Dehumidifiers can be purchased online or at local hardware stores for about $200-$300 each depending on how large or small they are (for example: a larger unit will cost more than two smaller ones). You may want to consider using one if:
- You have pets who like sleeping near windows (they’re not always good about cleaning themselves!)
The good news is that dehumidifiers are not expensive to purchase. They can be used to save space and money by reducing moisture in a basement or crawlspace. They also help keep your home from getting moldy, which could be dangerous for you and your family if it’s not treated quickly enough!
Check out our best pick dehumidifier Keystone 50 Pint Dehumidifier.